This space will contain emails that Dr. Parker is sending to Parents. They are in reverse order with the most recent at the top. Please remember that not all links will remain operational.
Sunday, August 1, 2021
Tucker HS Parents,
Tomorrow, Monday (8/2/21), is our first day of school for the 2021-22 School Year. Please note the following as we prepare to welcome your students back into the school building:
- First Day of School- Please report to your Homeroom class on Monday at 8:00AM. You can find your homeroom located on your schedule in infinite campus or on the purple signs located around the school. If your student doesn’t have or see their schedule, they are not enrolled. Please call the school and counseling before arriving to school tomorrow.
- DCSD Visitor/Volunteer Policy- Out of an abundance of caution and due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases, we will continue the visitor protocol that was in place for the 2020-2021 school year. Visitors and volunteers will not be permitted in buildings until further notice. We will continue to monitor conditions and data provided by the Department of Public Health(DPH), the DeKalb County Board of Health (DBOH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). It is our sincere hope that conditions will improve, and we will be able to reopen our doors and benefit from the value that our committed volunteers add to our schools and centers.
We appreciate each of our volunteers and community partners. In the interim, we will look for and we invite you to help us identify opportunities for volunteers to support our school community virtually.
- Virtual FLEX students- Parents if you have decided to attend FLEX virtually, please send the Student/Parent agreement back to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so the counselors can process the paperwork.
- Class Schedules- If you were not able to attend open house for your schedule, please look in your infinite campus account for your schedule. Once you attend Homeroom on Monday, a printed copy will be given to you.
- Schedule Changes- The counselors are working on schedule changes. If the schedule change is granted, a new schedule will be sent out. Please follow your schedule until a new one is provided.
- Bus Routes/Times- please see this information here
- Dual Enrollment Students- Please send your schedule and THS paperwork to Ms Redmond at email@example.com. If you have not submitted your dual schedule, you must attend THS next week and follow your current schedule until your counselor changes your schedule.
- Chromebooks- Student Chromebooks are not available at this time however any student that desires a Chromebook may go ahead and complete the Student Device Request to reserve one. When the Chromebooks do arrive, the parents and students will be informed when the Chromebook Deployment will take place at Tucker High School. Here is the Device Request Link which also includes the Device Request in various languages: https://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/digital-dreamers/device-request/
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Good Morning Tucker HS Parents,
Please see the following reminders for Open House this afternoon (Thursday, 7/29):
- All sessions will begin with a brief informational overview session in the gym. Here is the previously sent flyer
- 2:00-4:00pm - 9th Grade and New Students
- 4:30-5:30pm - 10th Grade
- 5:30 6:30pm - 11th & 12th Grade
- All student class schedules can be viewed in Infinite Campus
- See answers to your Frequently Asked Questions here: Tucker HS FAQ Document.pdf
- The First Day of School is Monday, August 2nd
- No students will be allowed to enter the school building until 7:30am, please do no drop students off early
Monday, July 26, 2021
Good Morning Tucker HS Parents,
Please see this information in preparation for returning to school: Tucker HS Back to School Flyer (PDF)
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Please note some of this information as we prepare to welcome students back on August 2nd. , additional and more detailed information will be shared in the coming days and weeks: